2016 Boat Storage Information and Lottery Registration
The Boat Storage Lottery will be held Monday, April 4, 2016 at the combined Harbormasters Night / Parks and Recreation Meeting. REGISTER HERE
Please note: There is NO MONEY REQUIRED to register for the lottery. Fees will be collected if you win a spot in the lottery.
Harvard Parks and Recreation offers boat storage at Bare Hill Pond for Harvard residents/taxpayers only. There are storage racks that can accommodate canoes, kayaks, or paddleboards, boat moorings in the cove and near the picnic area and a small number of boat slips.
Since the demand for these spots is high, we conduct a lottery each year to assign slots. The lottery drawing is done at a Parks and Recreation Commission meeting and names are drawn randomly. Stickers will be issued to all lottery winners. All boats stored at the beach must have a current 2016 sticker displayed or they will be removed.
2/23 Lottery Opens on Park and Rec Website – no payment due for lottery. Parking Stickers also available for purchase
3/28 Lottery Closes
4/4 Live Drawing at combined Parks and Rec/Harbormaster’s Night. Winners will be posted on this night. The Harbormaster will make the boat assignments. Stickers can be picked up/paid ONSITE – will be mailed after this date
4/18 Deadline for all spots to be paid
4/25 First date stickers start being mailed. First date available at town hall (parking only)
The Commission and the Harbormaster have revised the processes this year. Please note the NEW Rules for the lottery:
- Residents will not be entered in the initial lottery in 2016 if they had a spot in 2015. They will be added to the waiting list and added to the second lottery if spaces are available.
- When the lottery opens, registration will be done via the Parks and Rec website. No money is required to register; however, payment is due by April 18th or your spot will go to the next person on the list.
- Each resident should only be in one lottery, anyone listed in two lotteries will be removed prior to the drawing.
- Only one registration per household is permitted.
- The registrant must be the owner of the boat – no registering for neighbors and friends is permitted
- Registration numbers are required for boats. Failure to provide an accurate registration number will disqualify that entry.
- Canoe and Kayak rack entries must include the requested description details and are limited to ONE canoe and TWO kayaks per rack
The costs for boat storage for 2016 are:
- Canoe/kayak (102+ available) $30 for the first boat, $10 for additional
- Cove mooring (16 available) $40
- Outer mooring (20 available) $125
- Boat slip (7 available) $400
Cove moorings are located to the right of the town boat ramp, in the cove to the right of the main entrance to the beach. Cove moorings are restricted to boats 14 ft. and smaller.
Outer moorings are located to the left of the main beach.
Boat slips are located on seasonal docks that are located to the left of the main beach, beyond the picnic area.
Canoe/Kayak Storage racks:
Limited to 1 lottery entry per household. This will be strictly enforced. Multiple entries in the lottery for the same household will be removed. You may store 2 kayaks, a canoe and a kayak, or a kayak and paddleboard on one rack. For the safety of everyone, the limit is two watercrafts per rack spot. The fee will be $30 for the first boat in your spot. For an additional boat there will be a $10 fee. Stickers will be distributed upon receipt of your payment. Specific rack assignments will be given and must be adhered to. For those residents who require easy access to their boat due to special needs or age limitations, the lower rack slots are reserved and will be awarded to those lottery winners with such needs. If boats are stored in an unsafe manner, Parks and Rec reserves the right to remove said boats.
All boats on the racks must have a current permit sticker affixed, or the boats will be removed.