Harvard Parks and Recreation offers boat storage at Bare Hill Pond for Harvard residents/taxpayers only. There are storage racks that can accommodate canoes, kayaks, or paddleboards, boat moorings in the cove and near the picnic area and a small number of boat slips. Since the demand for these spots is high, we conduct a lottery each year to assign slots. The lottery drawing is done at a Parks and Recreation Commission meeting and names are drawn randomly. Stickers will be issued to all lottery winners. All boats stored at the beach must have a current year sticker displayed or they will be removed. Click HERE for boating information and rules.
- Beach Parking Stickers are required to park at the beach at any time and available to Harvard residents only. Click HERE for more details on obtaining a beach sticker.
- The lottery is open to all Harvard Residents or taxpayes, 18yrs or older, and the registrant must be the owner of the boat – registering for neighbors, friends or family from out of town is not permitted
- You can only register on-line here. No money is required to register; however, payment is due by the date on the schedule below or your spot will go to the next person on the list.
- Water Lottery - Limited to 1 lottery entry per household. You will be moved if your boat is the wrong size for the moorings.
- Slips/Outer Moorings - Enter the lottery of your 1st choice, those that do not win a slip will automatically be entered into the outer mooring lottery
- Inner Cove Mooring Lottery - Enter if you boat is larger than a canoe/kayak but <= 14'. Do not also enter the Outer Mooring lottery.
- Canoe/Kayak Lottery - Limited to 1 lottery entry per household. You can also enter one of the "Water" lotteries. For safety reasons, you are limited to ONE canoe or TWO kayaks/paddleboards per rack
- Registration numbers are required for motor boats. Failure to provide an accurate registration number will disqualify that entry.
- All boats on the racks must have a current permit sticker affixed and stored in a safe manner or the boats will be removed. .
2018 LOTTERY SCHEDULE
Lottery Opens on Park and Rec Website under "Boat Storage" – no payment due for registration
Everyone is put on the Wait List until the winner are drawn.
Beach Stickers can be purchased on-line
Live Drawing at combined Parks and Rec/Harbormaster’s Night
An IPad will be available to purchase beach stickers and they will be available that night
|4/24||Deadline for all spots to be paid through UniPay|
|5/1||First date boat stickers start being mailed|
- SLIPs (8 available @ $400) - Layout Diagram
- OUTER MOORINGs (19 available @ $125 - Greater than 14' and less than 25') - Layout Diagram
- COVE MOORINGs (16 available @ $40 - Less than 14') - Layout Diagram
- CANOE/KAYAK RACKs (126 available @ $30 1st boat, $10 for 2nd - Single kayaks may share a rack)
Please note: There is NO MONEY REQUIRED to register for the lottery. Everyone is initially on the WAIT LIST. Fees will be collected if you win a spot in the lottery or if you are registering post-lottery for empty spots. You will recieve an email with a "lottery Code" and a link to pay.
Questions? Please email Parks and Rec – no calls please. Contact info is on website.