Motor and Sail boats are allowed on Bare Hill Pond, but the pond is limited in size and depth so boating rules have been established to keep everyone safe. All State laws and regulations also apply. Here are the most important regulations and your will find a link to the town bylaws below.
- Maximum speed on Bare Hill Pond is 35mph.
- The use of powered "Personal Watercraft" is prohibited at any time.
- Motor boats must travel at head way speed with no wake before 10am and after 8pm
- Boats travling over 20mph must travel in a counter-clockwise direction
- Boats must be 150' from swimmers, land and other boats while be operated by other than human power.
TO AVOID DELAYS, BUY YOUR BEACH STICKER ON LINE BEFORE COMING TO SAILING LESSONS!
Beginning and Advanced sailing lessons are avilable in each Beach Lesson Session of the summer. Requirements:
- Must be at least 10 yrs old by 6/29.
- Must pass 10 minute swim test fully dressed, shoes, socks, long pants, long shirt. Must pass the test every time they take a youth boating class.