Harvard's Town Beach is restricted to Harvard Residents, Taxpayers & Choice Students only.
Swimming at the Beach on Bare Hill Pond is at your own risk if life guards are not on duty. Life guards are generally available mid June to mid August, 9am - 5pm during lessons (see below) and 11am - 5pm otherwise. The beach is closed at dusk. Below are the regulations:
- Swimmers who swim more than 100 feet off shore of the mainland or any island must be accompanied by a boat in close proximity. See Boating/Swimming Rules and Regulations.
- Beach Parking Stickers are required to park at the beach at any time and available to Harvard residents only. Click HERE for more details on obtaining a beach sticker.
TO AVOID DELAYS, BUY YOUR BEACH STICKER BEFORE SHOWING UP FOR SWIM LESSONS!
The Harvard Town Beach follows the American Red Cross Learn to Swim program. The program includes six swimming levels, Level 6- Personal Water Safety and Level 6- Lifeguard Readiness/Guard Start, Water Safety Aides class (instructor preparation) and Lifeguarding instruction.
- Click HERE to download the Red Cross Level Guide
- The is a special Water Safety Aide class if you want to be on the path to become a lifeguard or instructor
- There are also some Adult classes being explored. See News and Announcements.
Instructors are available at the beach each day from 11am to 5pm to test swimmers for the appropriate level. A swimmer′s level will be adjusted by the instructor during the first week of lessons, if necessary. For questions about swim lessons, contact the Beach Director (email@example.com).
- Each child in Water Tots must have an adult in the water with them at all times.